Monday, May 10, 2010

Houston...We Have a Mail Problem

I still get excited to check the day's mail. There may be a letter from a friend or the new issue of a favorite magazine. Then there's the bills and the filler (i.e. ads and flyers, etc.). It's the filler that created the problem as it's the non-urgent and non-important stuff that got launched into my to-do-someday in-box. It got to be where you couldn't see the in-box anymore. I did managed to sort through a good portion of it and then stuffed the rest in a cardboard box to be dealt with after Yule and the other December holidays. To ensure 2010's mail does not become a problem, I established a Mail Control Center. I have a counter-top size shredder, a little plastic mail sorter and a basket to hold pens and sticky notes to keep due dates in check. Any unwanted filler goes right into the recycling bin. There are those days when I just let it pile up. When I do, it becomes my first chore on Saturday morning. This reminds me...I think the box with last year's filler "accidentally" got put in the attic with the Yule boxes. Sparkling Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment